The Munich Intellectual Property Law Center (MIPLC) is offering scholarships to students from developing countries as a part of the DAAD’s program for “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses.”
Application Deadline: 15th October, 2021.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
To be taken at (country): Germany
About the Award: With its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialised countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all. The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Fields of Study: Development-Related Postgraduate Courses
Eligibility: Candidates eligible for the DAAD scholarship for “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses” must:
- hold at least a four-year Bachelor’s degree (or a three-year Bachelor’s degree plus a further degree), completed with above-average results.
- have received their latest degree no more than six years ago.
- have at least two years of full-time professional experience gained in a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country (university staff and academics are generally not taken into account). To meet this requirement, it is sufficient if candidate has completed the two years by the time the program starts in October. In any case, the experience must have been gained after the completion of your first university degree.
- have English test scores which meet the MIPLC requirements (see scholarship website).
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship:
- The scholarship recipient(s) will get a full tuition waiver from the MIPLC.
- The DAAD will pay the scholarship recipient(s) a monthly stipend of EUR 750.00.
- As a rule, the scholarship additionally includes certain payments towards health, accident and liability insurance coverage in Germany.
- In addition, the DAAD will generally pay an appropriate travel allowance, unless these costs are covered by the home country or by another funding source.
- Furthermore, the DAAD will also pay a study and research allowance.
- Last but not least, the scholarship covers a mandatory two-month German course before the start of the MIPLC LL.M. program.
The scholarship does not cover additional costs, e.g. enrollment fees or the fees for a semester ticket for public transport in Munich.
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of course
How to Apply: You may apply more than a year in advance. To apply for this scholarship, please proceed as follows:
- Please refer to the Application Instructions for detailed information.
- Complete applications will be evaluated for admission on a rolling basis. From all admitted applicants, we will put together a shortlist of candidates, who will be invited for a video conference interview taking place in January or February. Based on these interviews, the MIPLC will pre-select the scholars and the DAAD will take the final decision in early March.