A Google for Startups program giving access to funding to Black-founded startups in Africa.
Application Deadline: 7th July 2021
About the Award: Through the Google for Startups Black Founders Fund Africa, we are supporting early-stage Black-founded startups and startups that are benefitting the Black community on the continent. We want to bridge the existing fundraising gap for Black startup founders in Africa’s fast-growing technology landscape. This non-dilutive $3 million fund is allocated across a pipeline of 50 investable startups in Africa. The fund is open to all startups that meet the criteria, with priority given to Google for Startups Accelerator and Partner program alumni. This fund will be given along with mentorship support and Google platform credits to help the startups grow.
Eligibility: A startup that is:
- Headquartered in Africa or has a legal presence on the continent
- Building for Africa and a global market
- Creating jobs, has growth potential to raise more funding, and making an impact
With a founding team that is:
- Diverse, with at least one Black C-level founding member
- Directly supporting the Black community
- Technology startups with a live product in market or business where technology is core to their ability to scale (not for consultancies or not-for-profits)
- Compatibility with Google products—our products can accelerate their growth
Eligible Countries: Botswana, Cameroun, Cote D’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Each startup will receive either $50,000 or $100,000. Funding varies according to each startup’s product development stage, current needs, and how much they’ve already raised.
How to Apply: Apply now!
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.