Applications are open for the Unemployed Agricultural Graduate Placement Programme (UAGP) launched by KZN MEC for Agriculture.
Application Deadline: Not specified
About the Award: KZNDARD MEC, Mrs. Bongiwe Sithole-Moloi, cordially invites KwaZulu-Natal Youths to register for the Unemployed Agricultural Graduates Programme (UAGP) as a measure to create opportunities, enhance skills development, support young entrepreneurs and enable the their full participation in the economy.
The platform is aimed at bridging the gap in the agricultural sector by linking the existing but unutilised agricultural skills and talents with commercial farms, unproductive land reform farms, and the agri-business value chain.
This programme not only caters for the placement of unemployed KwaZulu-Natal agricultural graduates but also seeks to address the issues of food security, production on land, participation in the agricultural value chain and the agricultural economy.
The programme makes provision for farmers to indicate their interest or willingness to participate in the leasing or the partnership options within the programme.
These will then be matched against common interest and skill of unemployed graduates.
Eligible Field(s): This initiative targets qualified unemployed graduates in agriculture who want to obtain experience and mentorship to venture into entrepreneurial enterprises and enhance their employability within the agricultural sector. The programme targets unemployed agricultural graduates. The key placement components are:
• Livestock rearing and poultry production
• Horticulture/crop production
Eligible Countries: South Africa
Number of Awards: Not Specified
Value of Award:
• Successful applicants will be offered an employment agreement at identified farming enterprises for two years for structured on-the-job training in order to gain practical work experience and a better understanding of the agricultural sector.
• All appointments are subject to verification of educational qualifications, previous experience, citizenship, reference checks and security vetting.
• Your appointment to and success in this position does not guarantee a permanent position in the Government service.
• Successful applicants will receive training and mentorship on commercial farms / enterprises and shall each receive a monthly stipend of R7 250 per month.
• Emailed or faxed and late applications and applications with certified copies of copies will not be considered. Failure to comply with the above requirements will result in the disqualification of the application.
• The Department reserves the right to appoint agricultural graduates with Diplomas in Agriculture.
• Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
• If you have not heard from the Department within three months of closing date, kindly regard your application as unsuccessful
How to Apply: KwaZulu-Natal 2021 Unemployed Agricultural Graduates Programme Applications are now open –
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.