The NLSA are inviting applications from suitably qualified persons between the ages of 18 and 35 for appointment on a three-month contract basis. The successful individuals will be based in Pretoria.
Application Deadline: 25th June 2021
About the Award: The purpose of this short-term employment opportunity is to assist the National Archives and Records Services of South Africa (NARSSA) to digitise, conserve, secure and make accessible its paper based and audio-visual archival collections. Successful candidates will receive training and be provided with real work experience enabling them to gain skills and valuable experience that can be applied in future jobs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Archival Studies, History, Heritage Studies, Film Studies, or Sound Engineering. A postgraduate qualification in any of the above fields will be an added advantage.
- Candidates who obtained their qualifications through the Department of Sport, Arts and Culture’s Heritage Bursary Scheme are encouraged to apply
- Computer literacy is an added advantage
- Ability to perform moderately heavy physical work
- Demonstrable excellent communication skills and outstanding work ethics
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure
- Core activities
- Preservation and conservation services
- Arrangement and description of paper based and /or audio-visual records.
- Capturing, verification and data clean-up on the National Archives database
- Evaluation and preparation of paper based and audiovisual records for digitization.
- Other responsibilities
- Follow detailed instructions.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports.
- Be willing to rotate in similar roles as requested.
- Work rotational shifts, including weekends, when required to do so.
For the purpose of selection shortlisted candidates might be subjected to a competency test to determine their suitability to participate in the Programme.
The National Library of South Africa is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employers and reserves the right not to make an appointment. Appointments will be made according to the NLSA’s Employment Equity requirements and people with disabilities are invited to apply.
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be Taken at (Country): Pretoria, SA
Number of Awards: 27
Value of Award: Stipend: R 5 700 per month
Duration of Award: 3 months
How to Apply: Interested applicants must submit a completed prescribed application form obtainable from the NLSA website (www.nlsa.ac.za) accompanied by a covering letter; Curriculum Vitae; Matric/Grade12 certificate; certified copies of qualifications and academic transcripts not older than six months; and a copy of certified Identity Document by e-mail to [email protected]
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.