Calling all Teachers! Looking for ways to integrate sustainability in your classroom? Apply by July 14 for the Advocates Program to receive amazing training and resources on the UN Sustainable Development Goals!
Application Deadline: 14th July 2021 by 11:59pm EST
About the Award: The Global Schools, an initiative of the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network (UNSDSN), is launching another call for Global Schools Advocates to build the capacity of educators to integrate Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) in classrooms and schools. All primary and secondary teachers worldwide are invited to apply, including the 45,000+ teachers already in the Global Schools network of 1,000+ schools in 80+ countries.
Selected teachers will be invited to undergo a free online training course on the SDGs and Education for Sustainable Development, where they will learn about the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the SDGs, the role of schools and educators in achieving the SDGs, and how to incorporate these topics in lesson plans and school activities. After completing the course, the Global Schools Program will support teachers by giving them free resources to assist them in building a long-term school strategy and implementing ESD in their classroom and school community.
The Advocates Program will allow teachers to act as action planners and connectors within their school communities to bring the SDGs and Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) within school lesson plans, activities, curriculum, and operations.
Through research and advocacy, Global Schools develops the tools, resources and programs to support education systems around the world in shaping a more resilient and sustainable world. The vision of the program is to create a world where every primary and secondary school student is being equipped with the knowledge, values, and skills necessary for effectively responding to the greatest challenges of this century and shaping a sustainable and prosperous world for all.
- Teach at any primary or secondary school worldwide (teachers employed through volunteering programs such as UN Volunteers, Fulbright, Teach for All, etc. are also eligible).
- Possess a high level of English to complete the Advocates Training and engage with the global network.
- Commit a minimum of 5 hours per week for this role.
Eligible Countries: Worldwide
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Free training course on the SDGs and Education for Sustainable Development;
- Ability to join an incredible network of like-minded teachers working to implement activities and lessons on the SDGs within their classrooms;
- Opportunity to serve as a Mentor Advocate for future cohorts;
- Certificate of Completion granted after the completion of the entire program;
- Monthly online professional development workshops and conversations with experts on the SDGs and education.
- Ability to act as a leader in your community and school by developing a long-term plan of ESD integration;
- Recognizable title as a Global Schools Advocate for the UN SDSN.
How to Apply: Please read the following documents with more information before applying.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.